The Hisense 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ See the Incredible Retailer Contest
Sponsored by Hisense Canada Limited
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Hisense 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ See the Incredible Retailer Contest, (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the ten provinces and three territories of Canada who are at or above the age of majority in their respective province of residence in Canada at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of Hisense Canada Limited, (“Hisense” or “Sponsor”), Hisense Canada Limited (“Hisense” or Administrator”), Facebook, Inc., participating retail partners and each of their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of Contest, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (collectively the “Sponsor Affiliates”), and their immediate families (parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Contest.
- SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Hisense Canada Limited, 2283 Argentia Road, Unit 16 Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 5Z2
- Administrator: This Contest is administered by Hisense Canada Limited, 2283 Argentia Road, Unit 16 Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 5Z2
- TIMING: The Contest begins on May 9th, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. EST, from the time retailers promotes the Contest at the store level and ends on July 1, 2018 at 11:55 p.m. EST (the "Promotion Period").
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, an individual (an “Entrant” or “Entrants”) with a purchase of a Hisense product at a participating retail store (a) can enter the Contest by registering their product online to the Hisense Canada website (www.hisense-canada.com/support/register). Entry in the Contest drawing is based on the number of product purchased at a participating retail store during the Promotion Period. Entrant is also eligible for contest participation (b) by posting a video of the themselves on their Facebook wall performing soccer tricks and tagging Hisense Canada (@HisenseCA) within the promotion period. The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received. Entries is one (1) per person for Facebook entries and one (1) per purchase of Hisense product at participating retailer. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, illegible, late, misdirected, stolen, or mutilated Entries; technical or mechanical malfunctions; errors in the Official Rules, in any related ads or materials; or processing error. Any potential winner may be required to show proof of purchase within the Promotion Period. Entry constitutes consent to participate in Contest and for Sponsor Affiliates to obtain, and user Entrant’s name, address, and other details for Contest administration purposes.
- CONTEST WINNERS One (1) winner will be chosen once a week during the Promotion Period, with a total of eight (8) winner (s) will be chosen at the end of the Contest. The winner will be sent an email and will have forty-eight hours to respond. If no response is received within forty-eight hours, another winner will be chosen. Winning entry will be verified. A list of winners will be displayed on the Hisense Canada Website and Social Media pages. Winners will be notified via electronic mail (May 18, May 25, June 1, June 8, June 15, June 22, June 29, and July 5) and then contacted thereafter via telephone. If a prize winner is not eligible to win, or if Hisense Canada is unable to contact the winner after a reasonable good faith effort, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected. Winner announced on the day of July 5 will have the option of Sponsor coming to Winner’s residence to set up the Laser TV grand prize. Winner must provide consent to have the Sponsor’s public relation agency share and document the final game of the 2018 FIFA World Cup at the Winner’s residence. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Limit one prize per person for the Contest. Winners will have to answer a skill-testing question to claim their prize (Example: 1+9-2=8). Administrators will mail the Winner their prize at the Winner’s requested addresses within thirty (30) days following the announcement that they have won. Winner will be chosen across Canada and the Administrators will notify the winner when it is out for delivery. The delivery will require a valid and authorized signature to claim the prize. The signature will be considered a successful delivery to the required recipient. Hisense takes no responsibility for incorrect delivery outside of its control.
- SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING: SPONSOR'S DECISIONS AS TO THE ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATION OF THE CONTEST AND THE SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. A FINALIST IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL FINALIST'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL GAME PLAY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND FINALIST HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR’S CLOCK IS THE OFFICIAL CLOCK FOR PURPOSES OF THIS CONTEST.
- VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: The potential Contest winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Winners must successfully respond to the electronic mail message and any subsequent correspondence notifying him or her that he or she is a winner within 48 hours. The potential prize winners must sign and return any required Affidavits of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance forms and any other requested forms. Upon successful completion, the prizes will then be awarded.
- PRIZE: The Contest winners will receive the following prize with average retail value (ARV):
One (1) Hisense 55H7608 4K Smart TV for May 18th, 2018 announcement (ARV - $799.99 CAD)
One (1) Hisense AP-10CR1SGRS00 Portable Air Conditioner for May 25th, 2018 announcement (ARV - $399.99 CAD)
One (1) Hisense RS44G1 Compact Fridge for June 1st, 2018 announcement (ARV - $299.99 CAD)
One (1) Hisense 55H7608 4K Smart TV for June 8th, 2018 announcement (ARV - $799.99 CAD)
One (1) Hisense AP-10CR1SGRS00 Portable Air Conditioner for June 15th, 2018 announcement (ARV - $399.99 CAD)
One (1) Hisense RS44G1 Compact Fridge for June 22nd, 2018 announcement (ARV - $299.99 CAD)
One (1) Hisense 55H7608 4K Smart TV for June 29th, 2018 announcement (ARV - $799.99 CAD)
One (1) Hisense 100L8D 4K Laser TV for July 5th, 2018 announcement (ARV - $13,999.99 CAD)
The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
Total ARV of all prizes: $17,800 CAD
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: The prizes are awarded “As-Is”. Neither Sponsor nor Sponsor Affiliates or Administrator make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a purpose) in connection with this Contest or the prizes. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor's and/or Administrator’s sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, is non-transferable and non-exchangeable, with no cash redemption or substitution except that Sponsor and/or Administrator retains the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value (or at Sponsor's election, the cash value of the applicable prize). Each winner is solely and fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) on the value of the prize and, if applicable. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to, any taxes and other expenses incurred by accepting the prize, are the sole responsibility of the Contest winners.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE: By entering, each Entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; (d) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor Affiliates and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s shareholders, officers, directors, employees, members, assigns and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's Entry, creation of an Entry or submission of an Entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of the prize (including any activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of Entry; and (e) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor Affiliates from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an Entrant's participation in the Contest and/or Entrant's acceptance, use or misuse of prize. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or Administrator which are final and binding.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor's and its agents’ use of winner's Entry, name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, biographical information, opinions and/or hometown and state of residence for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. The prize (and/or prize documents if applicable) returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry or voting process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor Affiliates are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry or voting process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant's sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the Courts of Ontario; (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event legal fees; and (d) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario and federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.
FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- CONTEST RESULTS: For Contest results send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner List, Hisense 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ See the Incredible Retailer Contest, C/O Hisense Canada Limited, Attention: Willson Luong, 2283 Argentia Road, Suite 16, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L5N 5Z2. Requests for the winner list must be received by September 1, 2018.